Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Whata Day

Seems like I was stressed out all day for no good reason. I managed to take an okay Drivers License pic today. Al least I will not cringe every time I see it. The last one was bad. Very bad.

Next week in International Women Week, so there is a lot of stuff going on within DA. One of the galley directors asked me to find some abstract artists around the world to interview. So far I have one from Ireland, and one from Scotland. I've approached a couple of women in Germany, Poland, and Puerto Rico. and Poland, but have not heard anything. There are two more women in Iran and Turkey that I want to approach, but I am not sure if they are fluent in English.

I may be able to add a huge name to my interviewed list next year. Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson. I emailed him to request an interview for OLOGY a month ago. I was pleasantly surprised to see an email from his office yesterday. He has requested that i delay it until his next book is published in January 09, which is perfect. Of course I can wait. It just goes to show what a science geek I am...he is an astrophysicist. I have a pile of books on astrophysics that I read...ok try to read. His are more down to earth than most. Of course, Dave will share the by line. I am sure he has some questions for him, as well, and we will most likely co-write it.

The abstract art club that I started on DA is really taking off. I need to do some more promoting and recruiting. It is more of a challenge to manage than I expected it to be.

I spent a great deal of the afternoon sitting on the couch in my front room trying to read with Zoey crawling all over me. I did not want to miss the UPS man. He had my Cintiq. Got it at 645 pm. FINALLY. Anyway, I need to go to the Apple store tomorrow and buy a video cable adapter for the mac. I should hook it up to the VAIO.

No comments: