Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Contemplative


I was incredibly productive today at work. Feeling much better about life in general. I feel like I have moved on from something that was troubling me. In fact a few things have wound up and are coming to an end this week. I think I can enjoy the rest of the month now.

I'm ready to turn 40...no choice really, but I feel like I am moving in the right direction. I feel worlds better about my life than I did one year ago. A year ago i weighed much more, was completely stressed out, and slept too much. I did not realize how sick I was. My brain was not working. To be honest I do still struggle with my cognitive skills, and wonder if it is because of my MS. I am better than a year ago, but I am constantly forgetting words. I am more dyslexic than I was...or else I notice it more. I go to the eye doc this weekend for my field test. I worry about my color rods...people with MS sometimes lose their ability to see red. When I get tired I see weird color after images. Like white salt on black pavement will have an electric cyan shadow. Or a fight scene from Resident Evil has a weird red flashing glow that no one else can see.

Anyway, I need to start taking better care of myself. I have improved, but there are tons of things I need to do in order to keep healthy.

My first bottle full of needles. Yes, I will glue them to a canvas some day.

No comments: