Friday, March 21, 2008

The ABCs of My Obessions

Created this ABC list based on my "obsessions" back in January and posted it on my dA account. And when I say obsession, I mean random things that have piqued my interests over the years and now.

A
Art
Astrophysics
Anti-corporate Acronyms
Astrology
Angelina Jolie

B
Bongo Drums
:thumb75001667:
Blogging
Belly Dance (Oriental/Caberet Style)
Books (Love buying books...mostly non-fiction and collectibles)

C
Coffee
Cinnamon (mostly Altoids Gum)
Cultures (global and popular)
Chipotle
Cowbell...can you ever have enough?

D
Digital Art
Donnie Darko
Dentistry

Factoid: It is hard to believe now, but my first career was as a dental assistant. I was good at it in one way (the technical aspect), but a completely horrid bitch to the patients (what is this "bedside manner" you speak of???). I worked for no less than five different dentists in the first year...fired by every one of them. Some of them were kind enough to call it a "transition". One of my patients gave me the nickname of The Grim Reaper...that's when I decided that maybe it was not the career for me. But I still know lots about teeth.

E
Elegant Gore

F
Family Guy
Flash (Design and development)
Female Form in Art
Framing Art

G
GarageBand
Games (all kinds, all platforms)
opening my own Gallery...some day.

H
History Channel
Human nature

I
iPods
iPhone

J
Jeremy Blake
Jewelry (not fine...)

K
Kaleidescopes
Kelly

L
Language (mainly swearing like a sailor in inappropriate venues [it's fucking rad], what's left unsaid, and its proper and improper use)

M
Milla Jovovich
Music (right now I have almost 5000 songs on my iPod...15 days worth of music)
Magnetic resonance imaging and its use in art

N
Necrotizing Fasceitis (a concern for the living, as well as the dead and undead)
Neurological disorders (mostly mine)

O
Obsessions (sort of comes full circle here...)
Osho

P
Poetry
Playing the piano
Photoshop (with my Wacom Pad)

Q
Questions
Quitting

R
Relationships
It's weird...can't really think of anything for R.

S
Shoes (specifically Steve Madden boots)
Sundays (recharging my brain)

T
Tarot Cards (favorite deck)
Tea
Time (and my lack of it when it comes to my "obsessions")

U
Urban Legends

V
Vices (I miss cigarettes...I have been meaning to drink more whiskey, too)
Vanity (I am not so much vain, as I am aware of myself)

W
Watercolor
Wikipedia (rocks)
Writing
The Walking Dead

X
Xaviera Hollander

Y
You? More than likely not...as you can see, my list is pretty full. Who has the time??? ;)

Z
Zombies

Damn...you still reading?

No comments: