Friday, January 1, 2010

The Golden Suicides


"And you could, in a sense, rationalize their occasional erratic behavior. They were artists, after all, and artists are allowed a degree of lunacy."

Every once in a while I talk about The Golden Suicides: artists Jeremy Blake and Theresa Duncan. Evidently one of my favorite writers, Bret Easton Ellis, is writing a screenplay for a movie about them. It may or may not be released in 2011.

I forget now how I first heard about the couple...it was either on NPR or in an issue of Vanity Fair. Their story, as sad and distraught as it was, has always fascinated me. Blake was a digital artists, doing animations and produced art for Rock Star games (you know, GTA - Vice City). Duncan produced video games, but wanted to be a screenplay writer. You can read a ton of stuff about them out there on the internets, and see some of what they created while they were here.

No comments: