Friday, October 17, 2008

Traditional Marriage Is An Antiquated Notion

I think instead of trying to legalize gay marriage, we should reexamine marriage in its entirety, and change the paradigm about what marriage really is in respect to the law and government. I believe that marriage, as we know it, is an antiquated notion in our society. If you take the romanticism out of the arrangement, what you have is truly a business arrangement and a partnership. This business arrangement and partnership is based on a mutual trust and respect, with love as a motivation. This does not and should not have to be held to the beliefs of a faction of society that only believes that it is exclusively a union between a man and a woman. It should be a union between any two people who choose to pursue it. The religious aspects of the union should be completely removed from the process as far as the legal part of it is concerned. If a couple chooses to have their marriage "blessed" my their church in a traditional marriage ceremony, then that would be a completely separate and private arrangement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I was looking through profiles on blogger and found your blog interesting.

I want to become friends and I am welcoming you to come over and visit my art blog.

take care and hope to see you soon

LolaPeg said...

Absolutely. Thanks for stopping by. I'll add your blog to my list.