Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm Not So Much Pissed As...

I will never forget this. Ever.

So, it was either 1999 or 2000. Those years were pretty much a blur to me. But, one thing I remember is the time I went to the Red Hot Chili Peppers show. I think it was their Californication tour. They were touring with the Foo Fighters and, at the time, a little known band called Muse. I was as excited to see the FF.

And then, first thing in the AM, day of the concent, we hear one of the guys in FF is sick...bad flu. Probably not so much the H5N1, or even the H1N1, or even the H1G1 (this is a made up flu that the guys from work and I created...Giraffe flu...more throat to get sore). Just your garden variety flu.

It turned out to be a great show, even without them. Even if I was dizzy the whole time...up in the nosebleed section.

Years later, I meet my friend Jess. Jess is pretty well known on the local music scene. We use to work together and would run into one another in the smoking area by the road. We hit it off, I designed her band's website a couple times. We were chatting one day about concerts and what-not and I told her I was bummed to have missed out on the Foo Fighters. She chuckled and said she had something to tell me...

Evidently they were in Dayton, or Toledo, or some such city, the night before the Columbus show. Jess and her buds got wind of it and they took off to hang out with them at a pub they were hanging out at. So, there is Jess, partying with the Foo Fighters...there they are getting completley smashed. There was no flu...just a ginormous hang over.

I thought it was hilarious more than anything else that she did this. Ah, Jess. She's a fun girl.

Photo: That's me up there, lookin' all rough and in need of a colorist.

No comments: