Monday, November 16, 2009

Driving Down Walhalla

A drive down Walhalla Street makes any day more fun. We had just finished having mimosas at Mozart's (well, I was having mimosas at Mozart's), and was about to go to an artist friend's studio to buy a piece. I talked my friend into taking a drive down a little road between High and Indianola. It is one of those places in Columbus that I like to check out every once in a while. It is like you are in the backwoods right in the middle of town. They say it is haunted. I did not really know that until I Googled it to get the correct spelling of the road for this blog. Evidently one of the house along the drive is haunted. You can read about it here.

After the trip down Walhalla, we went to Michael Lukacsko's studio to check out his work. He was very cool and helpful...talked about building a smooth canvas...I am anxious to try that out for the Ab-Ex piece(s) I create. I bought one of his prints...it is a very colorful mandala, but here it is in gray...



By the way, the photo above is not Walhalla. I did not think to take a picture of it while there...next time. The photo above (The Road Less Traveled) is by Perception-Obscure on Deviant Art.

No comments: