Friday, May 23, 2008

Art Plans & Discipline

You know, I have not been as completely disciplined about my art as I have been in the past year. I know I started getting very serious about it around May 5th of last year, and have really gained a lot of confidence and skills over the past year. I have had a couple of nice, shiny moments, like getting into my first juried show, which was nice. I need to enter more shows. I don't know where it is going, honestly. I have my plans, and I know how to market myself, but we shall see. So, with the assumption that I had all the money and time in the world, here is what I would do:

1. Prep for a Fine Arts masters program. Considering that my undergrad is in Digital Communications with a focus on Internet Marketing, I will probably need to meet a couple of prerequisites for a Fine Arts program.
2. Enter a Fine Arts program. It would have to be local and traditional. As much as I like online campuses and can work well with them, I would want to go to classes.
3. Concurrently, I would open an online gallery. This would be a sort of precursor to opening an actual brick and mortar gallery.
4. Eventually, I would like to represent a set of artists and their work in my gallery. Non-exclusive. Obviously this is just s starting point for them, and I would help them achieve the next level. I would have my work in this gallery, too.

Anyway, for now I need to get back to painting. I started out talking about discipline because I have had a lack of it lately. I started a piece the other day that has me baffled. Eventually, it will get done. Otherwise, I need to just move on. I scanned in the current version for my new stock gallery.

No comments: