Monday, June 20, 2011

Bah...updated artist statement again

My last artist statement simply said, "I like to paint." So, I had to update it, obviously.

My work explores the relationship between emerging sexualities and urban spaces.

With influences as diverse as Nietzsche and Roy Lichtenstein, new combinations are crafted from both explicit and implicit layers.

Ever since I was a teenager I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of the mind. What starts out as triumph soon becomes corrupted into a dialectic of power, leaving only a sense of decadence and the inevitability of a new reality.

As temporal phenomena become frozen through diligent and personal practice, the viewer is left with an insight into the possibilities of our era.

Thanks to Bethany for sharing this link. :-)

No comments: