Friday, December 19, 2008

GCAC - Potential

I found out yesterday that I was chosen to be in the January 8th selection for the 2009 Greater Columbus Arts Council Partnership Awards. Galleries around Central Ohio submit work from their artists to be judged by a panel of five jurors. They choose 10 artists from all of the galleries. 4 out of 5 jurors chose my work for the selection.

What happens now is I present my two works to GCAC. The jurors then view the twenty works from the 10 artists and choose three finalists. The finalist artworks are purchased and given as awards to the three top businesses who contribute to the arts in Columbus.

I am very happy that Sean Cooper, the director of OAL, sent my digital slides to the selection committee for consideration.

What an honor!

No comments: