Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Games We Play

A poem, or more like a lost love letter, I found ages ago somewhere on the net. It was written by some girl name Justine for a boy named Dave, who, it seems, she secretly loved.

The Games We Play

I love the way you look at me with that curiosity in your eyes.
The way you make my body tingle every time you speak.
Are we playing a game or am I just reading the signs wrong.
Am I being insensitive to your attempts?

Why do I want you so badly, but feel myself pulling back, but it's not
only me, I sense you doing something similar.
Every time I get to close you back away and I can't help wondering if
you are using me.

I don't want to lose the closeness I am so dying to share with you, so
if you think I am a nuisance, let me know.
I want so badly to get to know the inner you to which I am so strongly
drawn to, even if it means sacrificing our love.

Why isn't our friendship growing?
I have tried to come across as being cool - taking our relationship in
my stride, but I'm finding it harder and harder to hide how strongly I
feel for you.

You're acting like a boy that loves a girl, but is it genuine?
I don't know what to do, I am so confused, I don't want to follow the wrong signs.
I can't follow my heart, because I just don't want to lose you.

Yes, I admit it I am in love with you, so in love it frightens me, but
I am on solid ground and I know I will be safe.
So until I figure out how to read you, until I know what lies inside -
inside you, I guess we are going to play this game...

and I wish you would take your turn...

©Justine for Dave

Actually, I may have found it here: Literotica

No comments: