Saturday, February 14, 2009

Personal Obervations from a Seasoned Non-Insomniac

Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Awake...
Maybe I should not have drank all that coffee. Actually, coffee does not keep me up anyway. The only thing that gives me insomnia is thinking of things I cannot have...and there are not many things I cannot get. And there are some things I cannot have back, but even they do not keep me up at night.
The only thing that ever gave me a sense of urgency is the gradual loss of feeling in my hand and arm...and leg when things get bad. Do other things matter enough? Probably not in 20 years. A friend tells me that. And in the world we live in 20 years = 6 months. Personal observation tells me that.

Wake up.

No comments: