Friday, January 30, 2009

Just an amazing experience...NDT

I had the chance to meet Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson today! It was an fun experience. I wrote him about a year ago in the hope of arranging an interview with him for OLOGY, the online magazine on Omnibucket. I did this because I love astrophysics, and my friend Dave is a huge fan of his. NDT has always gotten my attention on The Jon Stewart show, NPR and The Universe. His sense of humor and great intelligence makes for a very dynamic and interesting personality. Yeah, string theory just blows my mind, but I want to know more about it if he is talking. He tends to break complex theories down to a point where the person with a more average intellect can begin to grasp it.

Today we spent around 35 minutes chatting with Dr. Tyson. He answered the many questions we threw his way. I intend to begin editing the file and creating a podcast.

Because Dr. Tyson insisted on meeting us in person or via phone, this has opened a more dynamic presentation of the interviews we conduct. We are definitely using skype for audio and eventually moving toward video interviews in the future. No more email and text! By the way, we introduced Dr Tyson to skype and he seemed to love it!! We were able to see him and he saw us, too!!

More to follow...

No comments: